ITility Contract: N00178-16-D-8822
ITility holds a prime contract award as a result of the Seaport-e Rolling Admissions. SeaPort-e furthers the Navy’s Seapower 21 objective
to increase efficiency, and allows for tailoring services according to the needs of geographically-dispersed organizations with significantly
diverse product area requirements and missions. The ordering community of SeaPort-e includes all Virtual Systems Command (SYSCOM) activities. Other activities, including the Military Sealift Command, Strategic Systems Programs, Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), and the United States Marine Corps
have also chosen to use SeaPort-e. Limited support may be provided under this contract to other DoD, non-DoD, or Joint Agencies for the work that is related to the
product areas and missions of the Warfare Centers. ITility's Task Order opportunities are located in three (3) geographic zones for solicitation and performance:
Zone 2: National Capitol / Zone 3: Mid Atlantic / Zone 4: Gulf Coast
ITility provides support in these functional areas:
- 3.2 - Engineering, System Engineering and Process Engineering Support: consists of supporting the application of engineering disciplines to technically support development of new and existing Naval capabilities and systems, technically support development of significant alterations to existing systems, support integration and interface of existing equipment or software into different applications or platforms to support the warfighter, and support evaluation of foreign or non-developmental systems, equipments, and technologies. This functional area also includes all support required within the area of environmental engineering of U. S. Navy weapon systems and base related infrastructure.
- 3.5 - System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support: involves the engineering effort required to prepare and assure that the detailed technical data documentation that is necessary to support system development reflects the latest design, configuration, integration, and installation concepts. Technical documentation may be in the form of paper, electronic (digital) or interactive computer systems.
- 3.6 - Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support: consists of applying the engineering and scientific disciplines to perform technical analysis of, technically support development of or selection of hardware and computer software, or modification to existing hardware and software for systems, test facilities, or training facilities. This also consists of software engineering efforts and programming support required to technically support software implementation in systems, sub-systems, and components utilizing computers, electronics, and software. Planning, designing, coding, testing, integrating, supporting, and delivering algorithms, software (source code and executables), computer programs are the inherent activities of this functional area. Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solutions and product modifications (e.g., software tools, licensing, and associated hardware) which are incidental to the overall support service efforts are considered within the scope of this functional area. Generally, the software development processes used for software development under this contract shall be, as a minimum, assessed at Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Level 3 or equivalent, however the Government may specify other (either lower or higher) standards in individual task orders issued under the contract.
- 3.10 - Configuration Management (CM) Support: consists of applying engineering and analytical disciplines to identify, document, and verify the functional, performance, and physical characteristics of systems, to control changes and non-conformance, and to track actual configurations of systems and platforms.
- 3.12 - Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support: consists of providing information system software analysis, requirements definition, design, development, test, modification, installation, implementation, quality assurance, training, and documentation to meet the evolving data storage and reporting needs of programs and management. Analyze existing IT and IS databases, web sites, and IT applications and recommend new or improved interfaces and improved management tools that meet new management requirements, or improve management effectiveness and efficiency. Perform maintenance and technical support for Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) that are outside the cognizance of the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI). Modify, implement and maintain web based information systems and links. Develop web-site structure, prepare documentation for population, implement and maintain web sites. Provide systems engineering and technical support for establishment, test, upgrade, and operational support of systems, networks, workstations and support equipment hardware and software that are outside the cognizance of NMCI. Conduct IA analyses, develop, recommend, and implement, monitor, update, and maintain, IA practices, procedures, equipments, algorithms, and hardware that are outside the cognizance of NMCI.
- 3.18 - Training Support: consists of applying the engineering and analytical disciplines required to ensure that the warfighter and technical support community is provided with adequate instruction including applied exercises resulting in the attainment and retention of knowledge, skills, and attitudes regarding the platforms, systems, and warfighting capabilities they operate and maintain. Also includes organizational development and process improvement training activities. This functional area consists of information dissemination, as well as the development and facilitation of training for the Navy and Marine Corps workforce related to organizational development and process improvement initiatives. This includes efforts such as implementation of LEAN practices, implementation of National Security Personnel System (NSPS), Competency Alignment initiatives, and other workforce training efforts related to organizational development initiatives, process improvement initiatives and Human Capital Strategies.
- 3.20 - Program Support: This functional area consists of applying the business, financial management, and technical disciplines required to support planning, organizing, staffing, controlling, and leading team efforts in managing acquisition programs such that the result places a capable and supportable system in the hands of the warfighter when and where it is needed, and does so at an affordable price. This functional area represents an integration of a complex system of differing but related functional disciplines that must work together to achieve program goals through development, production, deployment, operations, support, and disposal. Also
- 3.21 - Functional and Administrative Support: A] Clerical and Administrative Support consists of clerical and administrative support required for seamless operation of offices and support functions. This area also includes support of personal property management functions. B] Analytical and Organizational Assessment Support consists of analytical and organizational assessment support functions, Human Capital Strategy processes and programs, organizational development efforts and organizational process improvement efforts. C] Most Efficient Organization (MEO) Teaming Support Services consists of organizational assessment, infrastructure assessment, financial management, process engineering, business as well as technical and non-technical disciplines to support development and implementation of the MEO. This functional area includes offering recommendations for technology infusion, capital investments, organizational structures, staffing and lean performance execution processes and metrics. In the event of an MEO selection/decision, this functional area includes providing accepted technology solutions, capital investments and staffing in accordance with the MEO through a follow-on contract action or option. This functional area will include conflict of interest clauses.
ITility's Awarded Task Orders under SeaPort-e
This area will display all Task Orders awarded to ITility under this ID/IQ.
ITility's SeaPort-e Team Members
This area will display all team members ITility has teamed with on awarded Task Orders under this ID/IQ.